Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 25: Another reduction

So, two nights ago I reduced down to 10mg, significantly ahead of schedule of my original weaning plan.

I thought about it quite a bit before deciding to push ahead my reduction schedule. I'd officially decided to drop/not complete one of my courses for the semester. Really, I was already frighteningly behind in the class, and unable to give it the kind of attention I really thought it deserved (especially as it's a course essential to my Minor). I figured if I was dropping the class anyway, it would be better to focus on my weaning, and hopefully finish it up earlier so Future Susan won't struggle as much in her summer semester.

While I am a little nervous about starting another reduction ahead of schedule, I comfort myself knowing that my doctor did in fact advise me that I could do all this faster or slower, depending on how comfortable I am. Also, it's making it so much easier to know that I have people who are supportive of me, who I can lean on if I need help. It's also been really, really helpful to have appointments with my counselor every few weeks, if only to check in and help keep me grounded in this process.

The one unfortunate thing about reducing, is that every evening is no longer like a colourful Easter of pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment